What is a Scrum Master? Roles and Responsibilities
A scrum master is the coordinator for an agile development team. Scrum is the technique that allows a team to organize and create transformation quickly, according to the agile rules. The scrum master controls the process for how to exchange information.
Scrum Master Role and Responsibilities
The scrum master role was built as part of the scrum framework. Basically scrum master has no actual authority (it’s servant leadership). The Scrum master is an expert that teaches and coaches others. Scrum master has responsibility to improve interaction between the scrum team and organization in order to maximize the production or capacity of the team. Ultimately, Scrum master is responsible to arrange and facilitate the team meetings and planning sessions.
Scrum Master Do’s?
The responsibilities of a Scrum Master include:
- Removing difficulties
- Creating an environment where the team can be efficient
- Build a good relationship between the team and business as well as others outside the team.
- Securing the team from outside disturbance and distractions.
- They participate in the meeting and get feedback.
- They also note the area for improvement and action items for future.
- They meet individually with the team members and associate as needed.
Scrum Master Don’t?
- Don’t try to resolve the team issues every time. It means don’t interfere too much in their work.
- Don’t lead the daily scrum. It means don’t do too many meetings with the development team, it’s not good for it.
- Don’t do commitment without consulting the team. Even you know they can do it but still it’s their decision , not yours.
- Don’t give too many tasks to the team. If the under pressure team takes shortcuts to complete the tasks, in future it’s harmful for the team or organization.
- Don’t act like a team administrator, it’s not scrum master responsibility to keep the scrum board up to date.
- Don’t solve all issues individually, if any member of the team can’t deal with them. Again, if you solve its mean you loss the team self organization
- Don’t deal with all impediments personally when any member of the team could deal with them. Again, if you do this it can mean the loss of the team’s self-organising skills.
The organizations that use Agile methodology, approximately 60% implement scrum, and 20% combine with the other frameworks. Approximately everyone requires standard tools, often referred as scrum artifacts.
- Target Process
- Scrum do
- Meister Task
- Vivify Scrum
Top Scrum Master Certifications
- Scrum Alliances
- Scrum Inc
- Project Management Institute
- Scaled Agile
Reliable and Secure Solutions (RNS Solutions), provides software development services for Fintech/Blockchain/Crypto, AI, and Cyber Security domain. For discussions and project proposals, feel free to get in touch with us on our email: email@example.com
For more updates, follow us on Social Media: